The Mulzer Process
A focus on family since 1935
The story of Mulzer Crushed Stone began in rural Southern Indiana in 1935 when three Perry County Brothers saw an opportunity to turn their skills, determination and integrity into the area’s largest supplier of building materials. Roland, Edgar and Arnold Mulzer, Sr. made a name for themselves early on as skilled culvert builders in the local highway construction industry. In 1946, as the post-World War II construction boom ramped up, the trio recognized that area contractors were in great need of a steady aggregate supply line. To meet this demand, the brothers opened their first limestone quarry in Crawford County, Indiana, near the quaint, small town of Eckerty. From there, three generations of Mulzer Family members constructed a thriving building materials supply collective, delivering quality aggregate materials to customers large & small, supporting the local communities scattered throughout the Ohio River Valley and focusing on our greatest resource, our employees & their families.